ISB YLP -Young Leaders Program
ISB introduces a first-of-its-kind initiative in India, the Young Leaders Program (YLP) for undergraduate students, and your platform to take the first step towards becoming a global leader in the corporate world.
YLP provides guaranteed admission to a future, much sought after, One Year Post Graduate Program(PGP) at ISB, contingent upon completion of one year and nine months of work experience.
Key benefits of this Program
During YLP you are not only encouraged to learn and apply the knowledge so gained at your workplace. The program also accelerates career growth during the two pre-PGP years vide structured cutting edge learning and mentorship programs and concludes with admission to the PGP in Management.
The youngsters who make it to this program enjoy the following benefits;
- Guaranteed Admission into the one year PGP: The admit, during his final undergraduate year, will secure admission into the future PGP, contingent upon completion of one year and nine months of work experience.
- Cutting edge Learning and Mentorship Program:
- The admit will be mentored by experienced ISB counselors to enable him/her navigate his/her career path during the two pre-PGP years.
- During his/her work tenure, the admit will be attending four intensive weekend programs on the ISB Campus at a gap of six months each.
- YLP Scholarship: Each youngster who makes it to this program, will be granted a YLP scholarship of ` 1 Lac, in addition to the existing need, merit and corporate scholarships which all PGP students contest for.
- Build Network: The admits will be connected to a group of YLP peers-like minded high-end achievers – as well as the ISB student community and alumni. Admits can interact, share their experiences and build a network for life.
|March – Pre-final year||Apply to Stage 1 of YLP|
|July – Final year||Shortlisted candidates to apply to Stage 2 with GMAT scores|
|September – Final year||Final Selection Process on campus|
|October – Final year||Admission Offers|
|Summer – Year 1 of work||Attend YLP Learning Weekend 1, complete graduation and start your job|
|Winter – Year 1 of work||Attend YLP Learning Weekend 2|
|Summer – Year 2 of work||Attend YLP Learning Weekend 3|
|Winter – Year 2 of work||Attend YLP Learning Weekend 4|
|Winter – Year 2 of work||Apply for ISB scholarship and attend interview|
|April – Year 2 of work||Join ISB PGP*|
YLP admits unable to complete 1 year and 9 months of work experience by April, year 2, have an option to join by April, year 3.
Fundamental Essentials: To be considered for admission, an applicant must be in his/her pre-final year of graduation.
For the screening process the candidate is required to submit online applications including a video (90 seconds). Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit GMAT scores and appear for an on-campus selection process.
The academic talent is appreciated from all fields – arts, science, commerce and more. Each candidate will go through three stages of detailed screening before he is selected.
Application process – Stage 1
Candidates applying to Stage 1 will need to submit:
- Academic details
- Non-academic interests
- 1 Essay
- A 90 seconds video
- 1 Evaluation
- Application fee of ` 1,000
Application process – Stage 2
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will then be asked to submit:
- A GMAT score
- 3 Essays
- 1 Evaluation
Application process – Stage 3
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 2 will be invited to the ISB campus for the Final Selection Process which will include an interview.
The YLP admit, in year 2 of work, will be entitled to contest for a merit based scholarship (and a need based scholarship, where applicable) vide a separate application and interview process.
|Application Stage 1 Deadline||March 15, 2011|
|Stage 1 Shortlist announcement||April 30, 2011|
|Application Stage 2 Deadline||July 31, 2011|
|Stage 2 Shortlist announcement||August 31, 2011|
|Stage 3 – Final Selection Process on campus||September 30, 2011|
|Admission Offers||October 15, 2011|
|Acceptance of Offer (along with a fee of ` 50,000*)||October 31, 2011|